We see ourselves as problem solvers for challenging tasks.
The driving force for our long-term success rests on the innovation and reliability of our technical solutions. As a customer, you can always trust AWM AG to deliver technically and economically advantageous solutions that meet your requirements.
Arnstädter Werkzeug- und Maschinenbau AG is a medium-sized, internationally active and owner-operated manufacturer of molds and machinery. We support our customers in achieving higher productivity and quality with our innovative products and dependable solutions.
And that is reflected in our mission:
"Innovation is our product.
Reliability is our strength."
Data and facts
Founded in 1965, 145 employees, DIN EN ISO 9001:2008, legal form: public limited company, 4.000 m² of production area
|Share capital||500,000 euros|
|Performance||16.5 million euros (2017)|
|Sales||19.8 million euros (2017)|
|Certified||since 1998, DIN EN ISO 9001:2008
Certificate no.: 01 100 83017
We are state-of-the-art not only technologically, but also in organizational terms. Arnstädter Werkzeug- und Maschinenbau AG is divided into two profit centers (business areas) and one cost center (administration). These areas are independent of one another and market themselves individually. Whenever it is advantageous, we seek to combine the competences of the two business areas on the market. As an internal service provider, the administration section offers the full spectrum of a modern business service.
AWM AG in the
course of time.
- 1850: Arnshall industrial park (saline, machine factory, ball bearing factory)
- 1956: VEB Technisches Kombinat Arnshall (absorbers for refrigerators) including toolmaking
- 1965: Founding of Ingenieurbüro für Mechanisierung Gotha, BT Rudisleben (Mego) as a spin-off of TKA GDR period - rationalization company of the district-led industry; performance of Mego: 60% sheet metal tools, 20% plastic tools, 20% special purpose machines
- 1990: Separation from the combine and founding of AWM GmbH under the direction of the trust
- 1991: Privatization by 3 shareholders
- 1996: Shareholders now belong to only two family lines
- 2002: Change of legal status to a public limited company
- 2010: Establishment of the 2 profit centers: toolmaking and special purpose machines
- 2014: Complete renovation of the administration building
- 2016: Construction of employee parking lot (4000m²)
- 2017: Start of construction of new production hall (2700m²)
- 2018: The 2nd generation - Annette Bezold and Dr. Rene Scharn become board members
- 09/2018: Completion of the new production hall / doubling of the production area for both areas
Site and location
Innovation is our product. Reliability is our strength.
Arnstädter Werkzeug- und Maschinenbau AG is located in the Erfurter Kreuz industrial park in Arnstadt. This location is close to Erfurt, the regional capital of Thuringia. Excellent transport connections via the A4 and A71 motorways, a high-speed rail link and the Erfurt-Weimar airport offer superb logistical options.